Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Elizabeth (1998)



Director : Shekhar Kapur
Rating : 3 out of 5


It should be the time I watch "The Golden Age" , but in Singapore this movie will release next year January.So I decided to watch again its prequel Sehkhar's Classics "Elizabath" . It's a saying that "Movies are greatest disaster for historical facts ." . "Elizabeth" is surely such kind of movie just emphasize in drama and totally ignore the historical facts.
The Hollywood debut director of India , Shekhar Kapur made us proud with this movie. The exciting storyline, excellent sets , make-up , costumes and excellent performances. Cate Blanchett (my favourite) as Elizabeth I of England is regarded as the very strong performance I have seen. A woman between love and duties and one whose cannot possess herself whose is the Queen. There is nothing to say for her performances and she became my favourite actress in Hollywood since I had watch it about 3 years ago.Even there are a lots of Claims of Anti-Catholicism for this film , as a viewer I love it .
And another character Geoffrey Rush as Francis Walsingham is very strong ,as a reliable ambassador and loyal "spymaster" of Queen. Anyway this is another should watch film for movie lover and very nice movie as a n0n-history people. For me I have to wait for its sequel Elizabeth: The Golden Age .

No comments: